Hello to all our 2020 hunters!
This has been one of the strangest and most challenging years any of us has likely ever lived through, we hope you all have been well and that thinking about your fall elk hunt in Colorado has provided a little mental relief. We sure are looking forward to this season!
To make sure that your stay at our lodge is as safe as possible we have had to change a few things and make some new rules to meet the requirements of the state and county.
Here is a list of the things that we are doing to keep you safe and healthy…
- The Hunting Seminar will be conducted outside weather permitting. To keep everyone from having to be too close to each other we will try to hold the seminar outside if the good Lord will smile on us with some nice weather. If not we will be in the lodge. The lodge will be well ventilated with fans to keep the air moving. We ask that everyone please wear a mask as you will be seated next to each other. (please note that we mean for masks to be worn properly over the nose and mouth! Hahaha! I know that anyone that is smart enough to hunt down an elk already understands the mechanics of mask wearing but you would not believe how many people that I see in town who do not. It helps me understand a lot better how our world got into such a mess! Haha! )
- We will no longer serve meals buffet style 🙁 Very sorry about this but the county has ruled that there will be no self serve meals at this time. You can rest assured that we will still feed you all you can eat county style cooking, only difference will be that you can remain comfortably seated while we serve your plate. There will be plenty of food so feel free to ask for seconds or even thirds!
- Everyone’s Temperature will be checked at meal times, anyone that has a fever two meals in a row will be asked to check out for the safety of the others in camp.
- Public areas will all be well ventilated
- We are limiting the capacity of the dinning room to 10-12 we encourage each group to eat together at each table and not mix groups. I am so sorry about this guys! I know that meal times in a hunting camp is usually where much of the fun is. But this year we might need to take the story telling outside. We will also be serving outside on our front porch for those of you who would like an even safer dining experience.
- We will of course be cleaning the bathrooms and all surfaces that are handled, frequently. We will also provide sanitizing hand wipes and Lysol or disinfectant in every bathroom and we encourage you to spray the areas you will touch before and after use. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” they say.
And here are a few things we are asking you to do to keep everyone healthy 🙂
- Wear a Mask Indoors In accordance with state laws masks are required for everyone while indoors in public areas except for the dinning room while eating.
- Social Distance When Not Wearing a Mask Masks are not required to be worn outside or in your sleeping quarters but we ask that you be mindful of social distancing. I promise that your story will be just as thrilling told from 6 feet away as three!
- Bring a Camper Lastly, in view of covid 19 which not only is out of our control but is also the government’s and mankind as a whole, we are offering $100 discount (to cover the additional fuel cost of hauling) to anyone that would like to bring a camper to stay in.
We realize that some of you will be quite concerned about this virus and some of you will think its a bunch of nonsense. But whatever our personal opinions are, we are all a bunch of hunters that want to come out here and enjoy God’s majestic mountains and maybe get an elk while we are at it. If we are respectful and understanding of each other during this trying time God just might bless us with one of the most successful hunting seasons we have ever had.
With Great Thanks For Your Understanding and Full of Hunting Season Excitement!
The High Plains Drift Inn